The Lutz Family Scholarship was established to benefit students graduating from the Butler R-5 school system and electing to continue their education. The Lutz family grew up in Butler, where both daughters graduated, the wife taught English for many years, and the father was on the school board for nine years. The Lutz family’s wish is to give back or pay it forward to the Butler School District in return for all the opportunity provided to them.
- Must be a graduating senior from Butler High School, Butler, MO.;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5;
- Must be pursuing a certificate or degree at any accredited technical or vocational school, junior college, college, or university.
Up to $5,000 per academic year.
May be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.5.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Submit an essay explaining why you are the best candidate to receive this award (200 words maximum);
- Submit an essay sharing your short- and long-term goals (200 words maximum).
- Submit an essay sharing what the Butler School District has meant to you and how has it influenced you (400 words maximum).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from someone in the community (NOT someone associated with the Butler School System).