What Does the Jelley Family Foundation Endowment for Children's Education Fund?
Applications for Jelley Family Foundation Endowment for Children's Education must focus on educational initiatives for children, ranging from early childhood through traditional post-secondary education. Proposals that take an innovative approach to education, focus on at-risk youth, and are collaborative with other organizations are encouraged. It is preferred that requests have a start date of November/December of the current year OR begin in January of the following year.
Is My Organization Eligible To Apply?
Organizations that are 501(c)(3) nonprofits, units of local government, or public education institutions located in or serving individuals or communities in Eastern Jackson County (East of I-435), Missouri, suburban Jackson County (outside KC), and Cass County are eligible to apply for Jelley Family Foundation funds.
Programs, projects, and general operating grant awards through the Jelly Family Foundation are eligible for funding for up to three consecutive years. A new application must be submitted each year. After three consecutive years of funding for a specific program or general operations, the organization becomes ineligible for one year, which means that an agency cannot request funds for that specific program, project, or operating dollars the following year. However, applicants are still eligible to submit proposals for different programs or services. Exceptions to this rule will be evaluated case by case.
What Is A Typical Jelley Grant Award Amount?
The average Jelley Grant award is $5,000-$10,000. More than $140,000 is available annually through the Jelley Family Foundation for Children's Education.
Important Dates for Jelley Grants
Competitive Grants Application Workshop
THCF offers an educational application session annually in February. Organizations that have not previously attended or applied for a THCF grant are encouraged to attend. Attendance is optional and will not affect final grant award decisions.
Jelley Family Foundation Grant
- Applications are due Monday, March 13, 2023
- Applicants will be notified of funding decisions by early July
- Grant checks will be issued in November at our annual Grants Luncheon.
- All recipient organizations must submit a written final report to THCF at the conclusion of the program funded or twelve months from the date of the award.
What Does The Application Include?
- Click HERE to download a Grants Budget Sheet that must be included in your application. this form is not needed if you are requesting general operating funds.
- Click HERE to download a Grants Report Form. This form should be used to create an interim or final report. If you are a current grantee, a report will need to be submitted along with the application. This form will also be required for submitting final grant reports.
- Here is a SAMPLE of information requested on the (Jelley) Community Grants application.
Diana Castillo is here to help, email or call (816) 912-4184.
Need to make a grant?
Log in to the THCF DOnor Portal to get started.