This scholarship was established in memory of Laura G. Stark by her family. Laura was a physically fit, fun loving and devoted single mother of two sons who unexpectedly died of acute respiratory distress syndrome. She was a sports mom who had a great zest for life and laughter. Laura valued the educational process and went to great lengths to prepare her children for their future.
- Must be a graduating senior from Lee’s Summit High School or Lee’s Summit West High School in Lee’s Summit, Missouri;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in human healthcare at any accredited junior college, college or university including:
- Healthcare- Respiratory Therapy
- Healthcare- Psychology
- Healthcare- Nursing
- Healthcare- Human related
- Healthcare- Pharmacy
- Healthcare- Radiology
- Healthcare- Social Work
- Allied Healthcare Field
- Healthcare- Pre-Med
- Healthcare- Other
- Healthcare- Medical Doctor
- Healthcare- Public Health
- Biology- Pre-Med
- Personal interviews may be required.
Up to $500.
Not a renewable scholarship.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- A one-page essay statement about your college plans and areas of interest.
- Personal reference from a teacher or supervisor.
- Personal reference, if you choose, from a teacher, coach, or other influential adult in your life.
- List of other scholarships you have applied for including the amounts and whether you have been awarded the scholarship.