The William Chrisman Class of 1953 established this scholarship for the benefit of graduating William Chrisman High School seniors.
- Must be a graduating senior from William Chrisman High School in Independence, Missouri;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited junior college, college or university;
- Must be in the top 25% of graduating class (applicants for vocational schools need not meet the 25% requirement);
- Must have demonstrated financial need;
- Must have demonstrated participation in community service activities;
- Must have demonstrated participation in extra-curricular activities;
- Must have excellent written communication skills.
Up to $1,000 per academic year.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- One page, dated essay on the topic, "Just how important is a college education in today's world?"