The Signatry established this scholarship at the direction of the Venable family to develop future Christian leaders and educate them on the use of business as a tool for completing the Great Commission.
- Must be a graduating senior from a Kansas City metro-area high school (Clay, Cass, Jackson, Clinton, or Lafayette County residents in MO and Wyandotte, Johnson, Leavenworth, and Miami County residents in KS).
- Must be an active member of a Christian church.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in business or engineering at an accredited Christian college or university in the US or state college or university in Missouri or Kansas.
- Must be enrolled in high school classes to prepare for intended major and maintaining a 3.0 GPA in those classes with a minimum 2.5 GPA overall.
- Preference may be given to students attending Christian colleges and universities holding membership in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), and/or International Alliance for Christian Education (IACE).
- Preference may be given to candidates who have employment history after school and/or during the summer.
Up to $7,000 per academic year.
This scholarship can be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment, participation in a campus ministry program, and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.0.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Provide an essay of approximately 500 words about yourself, your educational and career goals, and your knowledge and understanding of Business as Mission. For more information, you can refer to these websites: https://lausanne.org/networks/issues/business-as-mission or https://OpenUSA.net