Timothy Lutheran Church established this scholarship to serve as a living memorial to William P. Gerike, whom the Lord called as Pastor to serve Timothy Lutheran Church from its beginning in 1962 until his death in 1981. This scholarship is intended to support students preparing for full-time Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) church work.
- Must be preparing for full-time LCMS church work on a college level as a pastor, teacher, director of Christian education, or school administrator;
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or equivalent;
- Applicant is not required to be a member of Timothy Lutheran Church; however, priority will be given to Timothy Lutheran Church members, then to members of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church in Oak Grove, then to members of sister LCMS congregations, and then to members of other Lutheran congregations;
- Priority will be given to those pursuing degrees at Lutheran colleges or universities; however, others may be considered.
Up to $1,000.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for additional years of funding if the applicant continues to meet the above eligibility criteria. An application must be submitted annually.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Personal essay of approximately 500 words about yourself and why you desire to go into full-time church work.
- Personal reference from your pastor.