The Therese Stegner (Piper) Memorial Scholarship was established in 2022 to honor the memory of Therese Stegner (Piper). Therese's life was centered on helping the people around her. Therese spent her career as a social worker, where she constantly went above and beyond for all her clients. Therese also spent her time helping within her church, community, and family. Therese was a selfless, genuine, and compassionate woman. Therese's family is very excited to continue her legacy by awarding this "helping hand" scholarship in her memory.
- Must be a graduating high school senior from Belton High School;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in social work or any medical field at any accredited junior college, college, or university;
- Preference may be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
Up to $1,500 per academic year.
Not a renewable scholarship.
- A typed essay of approximately 500 words elaborating on your educational and career goals and why you feel you should receive this scholarship.
- A reference letter from a supervisor of an activity included in the resume submitted as part of the application.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.