This scholarship was established by the Sixth Bomb Group as a permanent memorial to the exploits, dedication, commitment and memories of the members of the Sixth Bomb Group while stationed on the island of Tinian in the Marianas Island during World War II (1944-1945). This scholarship is only available for relatives of members of the Sixth Bomb Group.
- Must be relative of a member of the Sixth Bomb Group;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university (vocational and trade schools subject to review);
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5;
- Must have demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities, community service and work;
- Financial need may be considered.
Up to $500.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.5.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Provide information showing how you are related to a member of the Sixth Bomb group. Include name of Sixth Bomb group member, your relationship to him, etc.
- Personal essay of approximately 500 words describing your interests, accomplishments, future education plans, and why you feel you should be selected.
- 3 Personal references - suggestions: high school teachers and/or coaches, Clergy, medical professionals, leaders of civic organizations to which you belong, etc.