Sara Garrett, who lost her life in an automobile accident, was a caring and compassionate person. She received both academic and athletic scholarships, played collegiate basketball in national tournaments and received her degree with honors. This scholarship has been established in Sara’s name to honor her memory.
- Must be a graduating senior female varsity basketball player from Blue Springs High School in Blue Springs, Missouri;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited junior college, college, or university;
- Must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Must have demonstrated participation in activities in school and the community;
- Must have personal qualities of being a caring, compassionate person who supports and helps others; a leader with a commitment to excellence; and someone who expresses determination and perseverance.
Up to $1,000.
Not a renewable scholarship.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Submit a statement of approximately 500 words about yourself and why you feel qualified for this scholarship.
- Submit a personal reference from someone unrelated to basketball activities.