The Opal Barker Day and Phyllis Day Combest scholarship was established to support residents of Eastern Jackson County pursuing undergraduate degrees in elementary education at the University of Central Missouri.
- Must have been a resident of Eastern Jackson County for the past 12 months or a high school graduate of any public or private high school in the Blue Springs, Fort Osage, Grain Valley, Independence, Lee’s Summit, Lone Jack, Oak Grove, Raytown, Odessa or Lafayette County school districts;
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student in a minimum of 12 credit hours of classes at UCM;
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at the time of application;
- Must be a pursuing a bachelor's degree in elementary education or early childhood education at the University of Central Missouri.
Up to $1,000 per academic year.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for one additional year of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment at UCM and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.2.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Statement of education and career goals.