The Medical Alliance of the Metropolitan Medical Society of Greater Kansas City established this scholarship to benefit students pursuing undergraduate degrees in nursing or other allied health careers such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, medical assisting, anesthesiology, etc.
- Must be at least a sophomore pursuing an undergraduate degree in nursing or an allied healthcare field at an accredited college or university;
- Must have completed all prerequisite courses and have been admitted into a specific nursing or allied healthcare-related degree program;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Must have demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities, community service, and/or work;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Must be a resident of metropolitan Kansas City;
- Financial need may be considered.
Up $1,000 per academic year.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.0.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Personal essay of 500 words stating what medicine means to you and how you hope to use your profession to help others.
- Personal recommendation from someone who can attest to your professional abilities.
- Acceptance letter from nursing or allied healthcare-related degree program.