Mrs. Linda Landahl Edison taught for 39 years in the Blue Springs School District including both the elementary and high school levels, educating thousands of students. She was named the district Teacher of the Month and an Outstanding Teacher of Lucy Franklin School for her dedication. Linda also served as vice president for the Blue Springs Community Educators Association, was a member of the Missouri State Teachers Association, and was part of the Missouri Retired Teachers Association.
Linda’s service to the Blue Springs community included more than 20 years as a member of the Park Commission and serving as its chair for many years. Her actional helped shape the Parks and Recreation Department, including city bond issues and the Vesper Hall accreditation and re-accreditation processes. She was a member of the city’s strategic visioning sessions outlining plans for the growth of Blue Springs.
Linda believes that education is the key to life and established this scholarship to benefit students from Blue Springs High School who are pursuing careers in education.
- Must be a graduating senior from Blue Springs High School;
- Must be pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree in education at an accredited institution;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated financial need;
- Preference given to students attending college in MO or surrounding states.
Up to $5,000 per academic year.
No, this is not a renewable scholarship.
The General Application will be opened December 15 and will be due (including any additional requirements for scholarships you may be matched with) April 1.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2023. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2023 will not be considered.
- General essay prompt: “Please upload a one-page essay about yourself and your educational and career goals.”
- Letter of Recommendation: “Please upload a letter of reference from a community leader/non-relative (teacher, pastor, employer, scout leader, etc.).”