The Dunning family of Independence, Missouri, established this scholarship to commemorate Kay Dunning for her many years of service in healthcare. The scholarship is intended to benefit students pursuing bachelor’s degrees in nursing at area colleges and universities.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing at University of Central Missouri, Graceland University, Park University, MCC-Penn Valley, Rockhurst University or Research College of Nursing;
- Must have successfully completed at least 36 hours of courses;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Must have demonstrated participation in extracurricular, community service, and/or work activities;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Must be a resident of metropolitan Kansas City;
- Financial need may be considered.
Up to $1,000 per academic year.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.5.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Personal essay of 500 words maximum describing your interests, accomplishments, future education plans, and why you feel you should be selected to receive this scholarship.
- 3 personal references.
- Documentation of acceptance to a nursing program.