The Forrest and Marjorie Martin Scholarships were established as a bequest from the Marjorie N. Martin Trust and Forrest Martin Marital Trust in 2007. The Undergraduate Scholarship provides assistance to Eastern Jackson County residents who are full-time students with at least 36 earned credit hours.
- Must have been a resident of Eastern Jackson County for the past 12 months or a high school graduate of any public or private high school in the Blue Springs, Fort Osage, Grain Valley, Grandview, Independence, Lee’s Summit, Lone Jack, Oak Grove or Raytown school districts;
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum 12 credit hours at an accredited four-year college or university;
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of 36 credit hours at the time of application;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Up to $4,000 per academic year ($2,000 per semester).
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for one additional year (two semesters) of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.5.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- Essay of 500 words briefly explaining your career goals.
- Letter of reference.