The Blue Springs Rotary Club established this scholarship to provide financial assistance to one student with financial need and commitment to community service from Blue Springs High School, Blue Springs South High School, Valley View High School, or Grain Valley High School each year.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at any accredited junior college, college, or university or technical certification at any accredited technical school;
- Must be a graduating senior from Blue Springs High School, Blue Springs South High School, Valley View High School, or Grain Valley High School;
- Must have demonstrated financial need;
- Must have demonstrated commitment to community service.
Up to $2,000 per academic year.
The Blue Springs Rotary Scholarship is not a renewable scholarship.
The Blue Springs Rotary President's Scholarship may be renewed for three additional years of funding. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.8.
General applications and additional requirements are due February 24.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2022. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2022 will not be considered. We recommend getting started on your application as soon as you have received your Fall Semester 2022 transcripts so you have time to prepare the additional requirements.
- A typed essay of approximately 500 words elaborating on your personal qualities, career goals, and why you are passionate about community service.
- A reference letter from a current teacher, coach or mentor.