This scholarship was established as an enduring memorial for Alece Ellis. Alece was a gutsy person who had many different interests and adventures in life. Alece’s initial educational background was in audiology through University of Central Missouri. Later in life, she was successful in pharmaceutical sales. Alece also had an avid interest in equestrian work, professionally judging equestrian shows.
Alece’s family believes that education is the beginning of the pathway through life and hopes this scholarship will assist students to follow their dreams.
- Must be a graduating senior from any public or private high school in the Kansas City metro region;
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree or trade certification at an accredited institution;
- Must be pursuing the following fields: nursing, speech therapy, music, special education, or education;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated financial need.
Up to $1,500 per academic year.
Yes, this scholarship can be renewed for three additional years of funding if the student continues to meet the criteria for the scholarship. A renewal application must be submitted with proof of continuing college enrollment and a minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.0.
The General Application will be opened December 15 and will be due (including any additional requirements for scholarships you may be matched with) April 1.
Please note that the general application requires transcripts showing grades from Fall Semester 2023. Any applications submitted with transcripts omitting Fall Semester 2023 will not be considered.
- Essay: “Please upload a one-page essay about yourself and your educational and career goals.”
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, coach, pastor or mentor (influential adult).