Donor Advised Funds: Flexible Giving
Is a Donor Advised Fund Right For You?
Having a named Donor Advised Fund at THCF helps you become strategic in your giving, receive tax benefits while your investments have the opportunity to grow and allows you to better support the charities close to your heart.
9 reasons a Donor Advised Fund at THCF might be the right fit for you:
- Simplifies your giving recordkeeping
- Allows you to bunch your charitable giving for maximum tax benefits
- Can be added at any time to receive an immediate tax deduction (up to 60% off adjusted gross income for cash and up to 30% for appreciated assets)
- Is an effective tool to gift non-liquid assets like appreciated stocks or real estate
- Is your vehicle to involve your children and grandchildren in giving
- Gives you access to our highly trained staff to create an effective giving strategy
- Is an effective estate planning vehicle to support multiple causes through one fund
- Gives you the opportunity to give anonymously, if desired
- Can be started with an initial gift of just $5,000
How Does It Work?
Our Donor Advised Fund Illustration puts words into action!
Like a private foundation - only better.
Need some proof? View our Private Foundations vs. a Donor Advised Fund chart to see which the best fit is for you. Our comparison chart provides information to help you to identify which option is the best for you.