Scholarship Funds: Investing in Future Generations
When you create a Scholarship Fund, you invest in our community’s future and show students you care. Truman Heartland Community Foundation (THCF) provides the expertise to help you award scholarships to deserving students while utilizing maximum tax advantages. Your gift will help students achieve their educational dreams.
How it works:
2 Administration Options:
We handle administrative details and award scholarships in the name of the fund in amounts based on its value.
- Advisory Committee: An Advisory Committee of your choosing and approved by THCF reviews eligible scholarship applications and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation to award scholarships to deserving students.
- Foundation Selection of Scholarship Recipients: The Community Foundation’s Scholarship Committee reviews eligible scholarship applications and makes the scholarship award selections.
6 Ways We Make it Easy:
- We create the scholarship application
- We publicize its availability
- We coordinate the selection process
- We send award letters
- We process payments
- We track student performance to ensure that the recipients continue to meet the terms for renewable scholarship support.
Start a Scholarship Fund at THCF
scholarship brochure (PDF)
Aiding Future Generations
Your $25,000 establishing gift is placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to award scholarships. Your gift makes a permanent impact for generations of students in your chosen impact area.
Download a sample endowment illustration