Vice President of Advancement
Overview: Provide staff management of all Truman Heartland Community Foundation fundraising activities including new fund acquisition, gift planning, professional advisor engagement, donor stewardship, special event fundraising and execution, and marketing and communication activities.
Reports to: President and CEO
Lead Organization’s New Fund and Gift Planning Efforts
- Engage THCF’s Board of Directors, Development Committee, and four Community Advisory Boards in new fund and gift planning recruitment
- Develop and lead a process that ensures regular face-to-face contact with prospective and current donors
- Engage Professional Advisors in the work of THCF including one-on-one meetings, facilitating professional advisor events, presenting at professional advisor client events and presenting at area professional advisor association meetings.
- Manage donor stewardship activities including engagement events, one-on-one meetings, and donor recognition
- Plan and Conduct gift planning seminars for nonprofit fundholders and their donors Provide oversight for the THCF annual fund and sponsorship acquisition
- Effectively manage Donor Relations Advisor in stewardship and new fund recruitment activities
Toast to Our Towns Gala Leadership
- Provide staff support for event planning and execution of the Toast to Our Towns Gala (approx. attendance 700) and the Heartland Citizens Reception (approx. attendance 100)
- Work as staff liaison with area Mayors for selection and recognition of city’s honorees
- Provide staff support to the Gala Sponsorship committee including meeting coordination, weekly status reports, sponsor acquisition, and direct mail solicitation
Marketing and Communications Oversight
- Effectively manage Marketing and Communications Manager
- Oversee relationship with marketing firm
Education: Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management or related field. MPA, CFRE, or CAP preferred.
Experience: 8-10 years’ experience in major gift fundraising, gift planning, and marketing preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Customer Relationship Management software.
The selected candidate must have strong written and interpersonal communications skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Candidate must be able to work events outside normal business hours and be able to lift 25-50 pounds.
Salary/Benefits: Salary $65,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience. Health, paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and 403b match.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Bridget Stoppelman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
About Truman Heartland Community Foundation: Truman Heartland Community Foundation is a public charity committed to improving area communities by promoting and serving private giving for the public good. Founded in 1982, THCF serves the region with more than $51 million in charitable assets and annual grants surpassing $4.5 million. THCF serves individuals who, through their private giving, wish to support the public good and help them do it in the most tax-wise and effective manner. Through the Community Foundation, donors can set up their own family foundations, scholarship funds, field of interest funds, endowment funds, charitable gift annuities and many other charitable vehicles which utilize shared resources of the foundation to maximize the impact of their philanthropic dollars. In addition to donor services, the Community Foundation provides asset development for nonprofit organizations, gives grants to nonprofits, assists organizations in gift planning and serves as a leader in addressing community issues.