Overview: Provide staff support and management of Truman Heartland Community Foundation marketing activities, public relations, and annual foundation fan program.
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Support and Manage Marketing Activities:
- Work with Director of Advancement to prepare annual marketing budget based on strategic plan goals
- Coordinate and manage workflow with outside marketing firm
- Create and manage annual marketing calendar for marketing related activities and special events
- Serve as the primary copywriter and project manager for all print, online, email, and social media
- Create donor stories through interviews and photo shoot coordination
- Serve as staff photographer/journalist
- Develop and implement a social media plan and editorial calendar
- Manage and update website content and serve as staff liaison to contract web designers
- Generate social media content and posts
- Generate email marketing campaigns including 3 monthly e-newsletters
- Track and assess electronic marketing activities
Manage Annual Foundation Fan Club:
- Implement solicitation plan for annual direct mail campaign
- Generate all direct mail and support materials for campaign
- Track campaign progress and coordinate recognition program
Provide assistance as requested to Director of Advancement
- Primary staff writer for all press releases and media pitches
- Coordinate distribution of monthly columns to local news outlets
- Serve as primary media contact
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, graphic design, nonprofit management or related field.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in nonprofit marketing and communications preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in Constant Contact and web design is a plus.
The selected candidate must have strong written, organization, and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Candidate must be able to work occasional events outside normal business hours and be able to lift 25-50 pounds.
The selected candidate must have a familiarity with mainstream social networking sites and a track record of successful relationship building with the online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media accounts.
Salary/Benefits: Salary will commensurate with experience, but will range from $38,000-$43,000. Health, paid time off and 10 paid holidays
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 writing samples to Shannon Sundberg, Director of Advancement, at Sundberg@thcf.org. Only email applications will be accepted. Applications without writing samples will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Truman Heartland Community Foundation is a public charity committed to improving area communities by promoting and serving private giving for the public good. Founded in 1982, THCF serves the region with more than $45 million in charitable assets and annual grants surpassing $3 million. THCF serves individuals who, through their private giving, wish to support the public good and help them do it in the most tax-wise and effective manner. Through the Community Foundation, donors can set up their own family foundations, scholarship funds, field of interest funds, endowment funds, charitable gift annuities and many other charitable vehicles, which utilize shared resources of the foundation to maximize the impact of their philanthropic dollars. In addition to donor services, the Community Foundation provides asset development for nonprofit organizations, gives grants to nonprofits, assists organizations in planned giving and serves as a leader in addressing community issues.