Designated Funds: Loyalty Through and Through
Do you bleed black and gold...or possibly crimson and blue? If you have a favorite charity that you are loyal to through and through, a designated fund might be for you.
Designated Funds are designated to benefit a specific charity. Stewarded by our Board of Directors, you can specify the impact area of your grant awards at your designated charity or leave it up to the benefiting organization.
7 Reasons Donors Choose Designated Funds:
- Ability to name one or more benefiting organization
- Perpetual grant awards
- Comfort in knowing that THCF is monitoring grant award recipients
- Ability to utilize tax benefits in years subject to high tax rates
- Potential capital gains tax avoidance for gifts of long-term appreciated securities or other appreciated assets
- Fund professionally invested through THCF or your personal trusted financial advisor
- Anonymous grants possible
Initial minimum tax deductible gift of $5,000
Designated Funds are Ideal Legacy Gifts
With endowed designated funds, benefiting charities value the perpetual stream of income a designated fund provides. If your favorite charity ceases to exist, THCF will ensure that the funds are redirected to an organization meeting your charitable intent so that your generosity will continue to benefit the community in the way that you envisioned.